The late James G. "Jimmy" Williamson, Sr., founded and opened Williamson & Sons Funeral Home in the Soddy area of Soddy-Daisy in 1950. His family's residence was in the upstairs of the building, while the downstairs served as the funeral home. His two sons, "Chuck" and "Gabby", literally grew up in the business. Their funeral home was one of the first locations in Soddy to have a telephone. People would come to the funeral home to call their relatives, and Army and Navy veterans would call the funeral home to let their families know when and where to pick them up as they returned home from service. Mr. Williamson also had an ambulance service for many years starting in the 1950s up until the 1970s and helped a lot of people through that service. The funeral home was and still is a lot more than just a funeral home. It serves as a community center as well. Even today, people come by to send or receive a fax, to talk and share information, to have a cup of coffee or just visit. Incidentally, the funeral home has the same phone number today.